Applying for a Schiphol Day Pass for persons
The Schiphol Day Pass for persons is intended for people who need to work in a protected area every now and again. Just as every other Schiphol Pass, the Schiphol Day Pass for persons features a photo, expiry date, name and a biometric marker (iris scan). The Schiphol Day Pass for persons is available exclusively from the Badge Centre.
If you wish to apply for a Schiphol Day Pass for persons you will need the following:
- A Certificate of No Objection (Verklaring van Geen bezwaar, VGB) from the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) issued by The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee. You can download the forms for obtaining the Certificate of No Objection from the AIVD website. The forms are: 'Aanmelding Veiligheidsonderzoek Burgerluchtvaart' (Security Screening Civil Aviation Application Form - to be completed by the employer) and 'Opgave Persoonlijke Gegevens B-Burgerluchtvaart' (Security Screening B Civil Aviation Questionnaire - to be completed by the employee) .
Information can be obtained by phone on 020-5201179 (13:00 – 15:00).
- The original, fully and correctly completed and signed Schiphol Day Pass for persons application form, with no alterations (including correction fluid etc.)
- A valid form of ID: a passport or national identity card. A driver’s license is not considered a valid form of ID at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Handing in and deactivating your Schiphol Day Pass for persons
If you no longer need your Schiphol Day Pass for persons for your work, please return your pass as soon as possible to the Badge Centre.
The Badge Centre can activate the Schiphol Day Pass for persons for 10 working days per calendar quarter. The Badge Centre can only activate your pass under orders from your employer or the principal with functional necessity. If you wish to reactivate your Schiphol Day Pass for persons, please fax the application form to the Badge Centre before 13:00 at least one working day before your planned visit. If your visit is an operational necessity, the Badge Centre will activate your pass for the requested period.
Applying for a new pass
You must request a new Schiphol Day Pass if:
- The pass needs to be redesigned (as a result of an authorisation change)
- You work for a new employer
- Your pass has expired